Monday, November 7, 2011

Shoes and Makeup


I have learned a new saying to live by. Not only must I “Dress for a plane crash” but I must also “Keep my feet warm or I am in trouble.” This I have found very very true. If my feet ever get chilled it takes forever to warm them up and it is important that my feet are warm and toasty so I can walk and nothing worse happens. I have like 10 pairs of wool socks and -100 boots with insane liners so I don’t think I will have to worry about frozen feet anytime soon.

Did you know that I haven’t worn any makeup besides mascara since I have left Oregon? It is a little surprising while I was in Anchorage but here it is considered gaudy and unnecessary. They don’t even sell makeup at the store. I have worn mascara a couple of times to school and my students noticed. They touch their eyelashes and tell me I have stuff on my eyes. There are two things I am very excited about when I come home: one wearing girly clothes again and two wearing makeup. Basically feeling like a girl again.

This weekend was one of the teacher’s son’s first birthday so we had a little party for him. It was the first time I had real homemade ice cream since in-service in September. When I first walked in the door this is what I saw. This is what it looks like when all of the teachers get together.
More snow pictures and Rylie in snow pictures…..
snow inside the house is what happens when the snow blows your door open when we don't shut it all of the way.....








Sunrise: 9:48am
Sunset: 5:44pm
Temperature: 23 feels like 26
Amount of Snow: Some places there are 5 foot drifts others there is ice covered ground

No comments: