Monday, November 21, 2011

Ahhh the Weekend:)


On Friday Debbie came into my class to talk about respect and a post competition an ice cream company is doing that my students can enter in. So to give them an example I used the term. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar and this is what I drew for a post on my white board.
 Also on Friday I was able to take a snomobile ride down to the post office with the maintenance staff in order to pick up all of the boxes for the teachers and school. This is no longer jeans and a jacket kind of activity so I had to dress in my full gear so I could stay warm. This is what I look like. Yes that is me underneath there.


On Saturday I was woken up to a very exciting activity. My parents picked up my first brand new car. A beautiful red Subaru Outback. They have been enjoying driving it around for me. It was mandated however that before it was driven around too much that appropriate Oregon signage be put on. Yes I am proud to be a Duck alum! Here are some new pictures of my new car.


On Sunday I was very lazy. I have a new appreciation for magazines so we read a few of those. We laughed at clothing that was too ridiculous or makeup that was over the top. Up here I don’t wear perfume, I don’t wear makeup and I don’t wear anything that isn’t a heavy boot or tennis shoe.  I am so behind in the fashion that I need to study it out of magazines so I don’t come back looking like I was left in the 70s! Thankfully I don’t truly fear this. However I now feel better equipped for the massive shopping sprees I will be going on when I come home. Man I miss shopping. Technically I could order a lot of what I want before I come home however then I would miss out on the chance to go to the store to get it myself. So I wait and make lists.

This week is a two and a half day week. Needless to say I am excited.

Countdown: 26
Sunrise: 10:27am
Sunset: 5:09pm
Temperature: 12 feels like -10
Amount of Snow: No new snow. Just piles of it and ice. Would appreciate no more new snow until after I leave.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the new car! I would love to see you when I'm in Portland at Christmas. It's going to be a quick trip but it would be great if we could get together.