Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day before Thanksgiving


Ahh the last half day of school before break. Today my class is having a read in where they bring blankets and snacks to relax and read for the morning. Then they are all going to yupik to finish their crafts until lunch! Tonight we have Turkey Bingo and I have to make two pumpkin pies and sweet potatoes. Tomorrow all of the teachers are getting together for dinner and I believe the volleyball games start tomorrow and carry on until the bizarre starts on Saturday. It maybe a four day weekend but that doesn’t mean it won’t be packed with stuff to do!

Most everyone celebrates Thanksgiving up here. We were able to get a turkey from the Askinuk and even cool whip, which I had assumed, would be the hardest thing to get. However it sounds like we are going to have everything!

I will am campaigning to go out for a snomobile ride! Like one that goes out into the tundra over the rivers and near the ocean. Don’t worry Mom I will dress warm!!:)

I am missing home right now. It is the Holidays and I love spending it with my family. 

Countdown: 24
Sunrise: 10:32am
Sunset: 5:05pm
Temperature: 4 feels like -6
Amount of Snow: No new snow. Just piles of it and ice. Would appreciate no more new snow until after I leave.

No comments: