Well we are not through the woods but we are beginning to exit. We had at the highest 68mph winds last night with white out conditions. At one point we lost our electricity. But soon found out that our housing is connected to the backup generators at the school. Chelsey, Debbie and I then thought it would be a great idea to go outside and head over to Debbie’s house. One so we could go to Debbie’s (we are never there) and two because then that meant we got to go outside and experience the wind. Which was a lot of fun! Earlier in the day Chelsey and I would go outside to try to take a video of the wind/whiteout however this could never last longer then 20 seconds because our hands out freeze so quickly. It was RREEAALLYY cold. Mom tried to keep in contact but quickly found out that she would only get through to me roughly every 50-75 attempts. I couldn’t receive texts or get any calls for most of yesterday. Today has yet to be seen but I am not holding my breath. Anyway I decided to come back from Debbie’s early but was quickly turned back when I found that our door look was frozen. I went back and got Chelsey because she seems to have all of the luck with opening frozen locks. The two of us went around the back of the building, which was the most fun because we were being blown everywhere. I fell into a snowdrift and had the worst time getting up. Luckily we were able to get in. The rest of the night was spent going to bed early because nothing else was happening and listening to the noisy storm. This morning when I woke up I will admit I was hoping for no school (we only cancel school during high winds or white outs) however here I am sitting at my desk. Luckily today is a short day and we aren’t sure how many students we have. We are still experiencing 30mph wind and rain. Yes that’s right people I said rain. Here I thought we were in for snow the rest of the year but nope its technically 36 degrees outside right now. I will be sure to take more pictures when its light out. Supposedly we are supposed to be getting more rain. Time will tell. Until then we are safe and sound! :)
![]() |
| We prepared Rylie for the snow |
![]() |
| Debbie's back door |
Sunrise: 9:54am
Sunset: 5:39pm
Temperature: 37 feels like 17….its like a warm spell
Amount of Snow: Ummm weirdest thing ever to say….I see the ground. Like I can touch the ground. Now don’t get me wrong there are still the huge snow drifts but in between the houses there is a huge area of dirt! And lots of ice.


No comments:
Post a Comment