Thursday, February 9, 2012

So Excited Today!!!

It is so warm outside however when you walk outside and the wind is pelting your face with tiny ice bits you no longer think about the warm instead your just anxious to get back inside. Ouch! It really hurt walking to work this morning. This is a day where I should have warn my goggles, even though I was just making the small walk to work. It is amazing how something so small can make such a huge difference in such a few feet. 


Yesterday was so beautiful that we walked down to get the mail and a few things from the grocery store. It was so wonderful going downhill, in the sun, in full garb however going up, with no sun, in full garb in a picking up wind was not so much fun. After awhile your face kind of starts to hurt even with a balaclava on. I think I need to research a better one.


Last night I went out on a snow machine ride. One of the teachers got a new one. It was so much fun. For the first 100 miles of the machine you can't go above 30 mph. However even 30 mph is pretty fast. I am excited to see what 50 or 60 feels like. I did learn that I have weenie legs and you need strong ones to hold on since there was no backing. Thankfully I didn't fall off. I can only imagine how teased I would be if I had. 


I have been taking beautiful pictures of the sun getting closer to us again and making beautiful sunsets however I grabbed the wrong cord this morning so you will get to see them tomorrow.


Starting to make plans for the summer and so far I have an amazing trip planned out with Chelsey. We are going to Anchorage, Portland, Seattle, Astoria, Lincoln City, Portland, and Denver. In that order. Should take us about 3 weeks. It will be an amazing trip to polish off the end of our first school year. We are already passed the half way point. 



Sunrise: 10:08am
Sunset: 6:25pm
Temperature: 34 feels like 27
Snow: No new snow.

No comments: