Thursday, February 23, 2012

Ouch!

Over the weekend I thought it would be an excellent idea to clean the stove (since I accidentally made a mess) while the stove was still hot. I used a mitt however that did not deter the heat from going right through it and burning my finger something terrible. My sister being our resident burn victim (she is a chef so she gets burnt the most) was the best person to get advice from however she was busy and getting through on my cell for her would have been ridiculous. So I kept it under the freezing cold water for quite some time. Eventually life needed to carry on but I found that every time I took my finger from the cold water the pain was excruciating. So thanks to Alaska I had a cold source that could go anywhere with me! SNOW!!! I got a cup of snow from outside. It stuck with me until I got home late after the basketball games. The health aid gave me a hard time about how accident prone I am! I have no idea what he is talking about! :P

 
Yesterday I decided that I am going to get into cross country skiing! I am very excited. It will give me a chance to get out of the village and explore quite a bit more. Plus it will be a great way to exercise. My goal by the end of next year is to be able to cross country skii all the way to Chevak which is about a hour snow machine ride, a ten minute flight and I am guessing about 3-5 hour walk. I am not quite sure. Goggle Maps wouldn't tell me. Either way I am really excited to get into it. I have also promised to get a GPS just in case I get caught out and have also been researching what I will need to have in a backpack. I already have great gear for warmth. I promise I will be safe!!!


Sunrise: 9:28am
Sunset: 7:05pm
Temperature: 4 feels like -12
Snow: No new snow. Just packed snow now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are just as accident prone as I am. I burned myself good at work the other week and left a nice looking comb shaped burn on my elbow. Be safe :)