Monday, February 27, 2012

Snow Door

This morning I had no idea about what I was going to write this morning. Then as I opened my front door I realized I wasn't going to be able to write you guys any time soon. We had over a foot and a half of snow over the weekend, if not more since at times I was walking in snow up to my thighs! Well last night a wind storm came in and blew all of that beautiful new powder into giant mounds and barricades. Let me tell you Oregonians you have never experienced the JOY of digging yourself out in the morning with powder snow that once you throw off the shovel just comes back to slap you in the face no matter what direction you throw it in. Now don't get me wrong I am not that much of an idiot to continue that pointless motion however the wind blows how the wind blows up here.

This weekend was super lazy besides basketball games. I find myself sleeping more and more. In the book Alaska by James Michener he explained that eskimos would sleep an excessive amount of hours since food was limited. They would experience the pain of hunger for only a few hours instead of many. Not that I am experiencing that up here but I am using it as my excuse for being so incredible lazy on the weekends. 
our door after we dug out

all of the barricades of snow we have to hurdle to get out

our path to school

Sunrise: 9:14am
Sunset: 7:17pm
Temperature: -3 feels like -16
Snow: A ridiculous amount of new snow. Because the wind blows it around I am guessing between one and a half to three new feet.

No comments: