This past week I started Alaska Learning Labs, the after school-tutoring program. It is going really well! I have 10 new students and 5 from my class. It has been a lot of fun getting to spend time with different students that I don’t normally get to see. I teach the main three subjects math, reading and writing for an hour and a half after school on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. The students are all eager to be there, learn new things and play with the manipulative!
The past two days have been a lot of fun! I made my signature apple crisp for everyone with apples I brought back from Hooper Bay. It was a huge hit! It was gone less then 30 minutes after it came out of the oven! For those who have had it they understand. For those who haven’t come on over! ;-) Yesterday I watched my Ducks have victory over Cal and had Mexican for dinner. I am stuffed!
Starting to smell like snow! I will have the rest of my snow clothes this weekend so I will be ready! I can’t even begin to tell you how expensive winter clothes are! But then again when I go out of the village I want to be ready just incase I get stuck out! And with this last shipment I will finally be prepared. The snow may come now! :)
The best news of all! I just purchased the last leg of my trip home! I will be seeing you all on December 17th!! I am just so gosh darn excited. Being able to know the date and time makes it like a million times better. I am almost excited enough to make a paper countdown chain……but not that excited. I will be home before you know it!! CAN’T WAIT!!!
I tried the most amazing cookie recipe over the weekend. My best friend Cookbook Courtney (she is an excellent cook) gave it to me. Here is the recipe. One box of cake mix (any kind of cake mix you want), two eggs and 1/2 cup of oil. And thats it. Into the oven at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Many were skeptical but that was quickly gotten over as the plate was gone that day. Here is a picture of them. I sprinkled my chocolate cookies with powdered sugar. If you used white bake mix dusting them in cinnamon/sugar would be good. Try it! Easy to make....extremely good!!!
I tried the most amazing cookie recipe over the weekend. My best friend Cookbook Courtney (she is an excellent cook) gave it to me. Here is the recipe. One box of cake mix (any kind of cake mix you want), two eggs and 1/2 cup of oil. And thats it. Into the oven at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Many were skeptical but that was quickly gotten over as the plate was gone that day. Here is a picture of them. I sprinkled my chocolate cookies with powdered sugar. If you used white bake mix dusting them in cinnamon/sugar would be good. Try it! Easy to make....extremely good!!!

1 comment:
So sweet, I love it! Glad the cookies turn out...I'll have to try them with chocolate soon! Hope you're staying warm chickedy!
Post a Comment