Monday, October 10, 2011

The Weekend :)


Ahhhhh the weekend. On a usual weekend Ramsey and I check the post, take a load of trash to the dump (where we might have a bonfire) and then relax by watching a movie or TV show season. Sunday consists of church or bible study, doing my lesson plans, Rylie getting a bath and laundry. This weekend was entirely different. We had a volleyball tournament Friday and Saturday. All hands were on deck since three other schools flew in and all of the community comes up to cheer on our Scammon Bay Eagles! In addition on Friday night after the games were completed there was a dance. It was a very late night! Unfortunately after going home to make a quick dinner (Omelette in a bag). I turned into a pumpkin and couldn’t even make it to the dance. Fortunately I wasn’t needed there to chaperon since it was the coaches responsibility. I was up the next morning in time for the second and third game where I was the official scorekeeper. It was a lot of fun! AND WE WON!! Scammon Bay came in first this match! There are two more matches to go and we are looking good!

Sunday however was normal. It snowed again! However it melts away so quickly. The locals say that it will snow on and off again from now on. Then one day it will stick and start piling up. At least 60 inches.

I was laying out all of my winter gear the other day and man do I have quite the outfit. Do you remember the girl who ate the unperfected candy in the movie Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and she became a large blueberry? I am pretty sure I will be that poofy! We start with heavy weight base layers, then a long john layer, fleece layer, vest layer, snow pants or bib, gaiter or balaclava, head ring, hat, gloves liner, gloves, wool socks, down jacket and arctic sport Muck boots or -100 Sorel Arctic boots. Then to top it all off goggles or sunglasses. And more can be put on if necessary! “It’s better to have it and never need it, then need it and not have it.” Although I think this applies to more then just dressing for cold weather. I think it is one of my favorite quotes.

STICK SNOW!! STICK!!!! Does anyone know any successful snow dances? But then again how successful do I want it to be?

Sunrise: 9:31am
Sunset: 8:08pm
Snow Amount: Not worth mentioning but some there.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

5 feet of snow?....that is CRAZY!!