I would also like to add to that list I made a few days ago of all of the things that I say in a day this….“Teacher! Teacher! Teacher!” (said by a student and then I reply) “My name is not Teacher. I don’t know who this Teacher is you speak of!” Now normally I do not have a problem being called Teacher as if it were my name but man with how many times they say it in a day it becomes a dreaded word almost as bad at nails as a chalk board. If I were to make a tally it would be in the thousands. My name is Monica or Mon or Muca (in Michelle’s case because she could not pronounce my name when she was little). I am a teacher but for some reason I have a whole new love for being called my name. Monica.
One of the favorite things to do around here is GOSSIP. Now I am no new comer to this baseball game. Gossip and I are old friends. Almost all of the gossip around here is pretty funny. When Ramsey was here according to one person we were married and to another we were dating. Then my favorite rumor was that we were spotted making out behind the school, which by the way I have never been there. Of course none of the rumors were true. Ramsey and I are friends but that is all. The rumor mill isn’t exclusive to me! It has managed to get us all! Some of the locals like to play matchmaker and try to find us young single women someone in the village to marry. There have been two teachers from the lower 48 that have married locals. One has been here for eight years and the other is going on her third year here. It is a general thought that if you get married to someone in the village then you would stay and be able to continue teaching. Having different teachers coming and going so often is difficult for the students.
A moment to vent…..I DON’T HAVE SOLITAIRE ON MY COMPUTER!!! I AM AN AVID SOLITAIRE PLAYER. LIKE IT IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS TO DO ON MY LAPTOP AND I DON’T HAVE IT!! How frustrating.
Sunrise: 10:00am
Sunset: 7:34pm
Temperature: 36 feels like 20
Amount of Snow: None
1 comment:
They don't call you Ms. Tupper??
Post a Comment