So I have “Alaskan Sickness.” Which basically means the longest cold imaginable. This was my experience at the clinic. It all started very normally paperwork, getting weighed and taken into a room. Then they pulled out the Health Aid Handbook, which is basically a book of questions and other information that the technician asks me. He then runs all sorts of check ups and a strep test all came out normal. The answers that he writes down are then faxed to a real doctor. And the real doctor faxes back a decision. Apparently I am “WNBA healthy” (may I remind you that basketball is huge up here) besides my bad cold. The plan of attack up here is to push fluids, and take advil. If it is still bad in three days then I go back. However they don’t often issue antibiotics until someone has been sick with cold symptoms for almost a month! So the sickness lives on.
Other then that yesterday was a lazy day. I came home and slept which is about all I do if I am not working. By the end of the day I just want to pass out from exhaustion! Skyped with Mom, Dad and Sissy. Then went home and prepared some spreadsheets for the following day. We have report cards coming out this Friday and Parent Teacher Conferences next week. There is a lot of paperwork to do!
The locals are admitting that we have now hit wintertime. You can tell because the first foothill to get snow is the one with the cell phone tower, then the one with the cross and finally the one with the rock fixture. It is slowly coming down the foothills to us! Unfortunately with the snow comes really really bad wind storms. They say it blows all winter long. I sure hope we are prepared!!!
Sunrise: 9:58am
Sunset: 7:37pm
Tempearture: 29 feels like 17
Tempearture: 29 feels like 17
Amount of Snow: Only in the foothills. Everything else melted.
1 comment:
I hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment