I DROVE A TRUCK!!!!! Okay I know that doesn't sound very exciting to you but let me just say this. I haven't not driven anything since August 2nd. It has been almost three months! I went a whole 5mph (because of pot holes and snow) and it was soooo good to be back behind the wheel!
I had my first parent/teacher conferences! They went really well. I was totally nervous, like talking too fast nervous, for the first couple but then I managed to calm down. They all went smoothly.
This weekend is going to be a busy one! We have a huge wrestling tournament. Five other schools are flying in. I am running admissions Friday night and Saturday morning. I promised my students I would watch them wrestle so I can’t miss that.
I know this sounds really silly but I miss Redbox. I used to Redbox all of the time. I watched every movie as soon as it came out or when I was sick. It was the best. Now there is no rental place. However recently I have discovered iTunes. You can rent from there. It isn’t as cheap as Redbox nor as much fun but at least I don’t feel like I have been living in the middle of no where…….even though I am. Currently I am downloading the new Transformers.
So I am going to predict something here. I am going to be falling on my rear end multiple times this winter. In the most embarrassing ways in front of the people that would embarrass me the most. After it snows it packs down rather quickly and if you don’t pay attention you can slip really easily. Which happens to me every time I walk out the front door of the school.
It has been interesting watching the progression of clothing. I remember tshirt weather and how wonderful that was. Then it moved into light jacket. Then fleece jacket. Now we all look like Raphie’s little brother and we haven’t even hit 0 degrees yet! It snowed pretty hard yesterday at one point. Here are some pictures of what it looked like...
Cabin Fever is starting to hit everyone. I don’t think that it is necessarily Cabin Fever as much as it is missing our homes, friends and family. We have all been running since the moment we touched ground up here and we have finally hit a tiny lull. And that left thinking time. Too much thinking time. It is such a weird feeling. We are all so anxious for Christmas now. It can’t come soon enough. I am now not the only one planning almost two months in advance now!!
I’ll be home in 50 days.
Sunrise: 10:17am
Sunset: 7:16pm
Temperature: 35 feels like 35
Amount of Snow: Around 4 inches, light dusting of new snow


No comments:
Post a Comment