Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Still Sick But on the Mend

Today is my first day back at work! I am still not completely better but I can stand on my feet now. Whatever that sickness was really knocked me off my feet. Debbie and I have been trying to figure out why when we get sick up here it takes about twice as long to get rid of as when we are down in the lower 48 and although we are not medical professionals we came up with a few ideas.  The first being that we don't see the sun anymore. So I imagine our vitamin D is low. Our diets have also changed. We don't eat fast food or generally much sugar. We eat a lot of pasta. Finally the types of food that we would normally eat or drink to get better aren't available here. There are no C Monsters or Orange juice. Also when we encounter emotional things like we did last week they tend to take quite a toll on us. We don't have an opportunity to escape to some place that secretly makes us feel all that much better. We have the school and our house. And the village if we want to walk there. But like I have said before we are having to learn to make a new kind of happy. Anyway I am taking multivitamins now and am trying so ridiculously hard to get rid of this sickness! I am so over it!!

Sunrise: 9:52am
Sunset: 7:43pm
Snow: The ground is dusted white but it won't last long.

Believe me, that hill takes a lot longer to climb then you would imagine!!!

No comments: