Thursday, March 22, 2012

Difficulty

Today is my Father's surgery clear down in Oregon which has the possibility of going smooth as silk or as rough as gravel. Being the over prepared person that I am I have already mapped out my flight path if I need to rush home. It is weird being so far away from something I should be there for. Oddly enough it creates this weird distancing from the situation. I am neither over concerned nor completely unaware. I just pray that everything goes according to plan. Needless to say I am attached to my phone awaiting news. 

And of course after weeks of no storms there is one that is supposed to come in midday today. It should bring about 5 inches of snow and up to 70mph wind. Hopefully everyone stays safe!!! 

One of my fellow teacher's wife had a baby last week in Anchorage. Congrats!!!! The baby has a few complications but hopefully will be able to come stay in SCM next school year!! When women are pregnant out here they go into Anchorage a month before they are due in order to be there for early labor. For check ups if everything is normal they will just go to Bethel however if there is something wrong with the baby or mother then they will go to Anchorage for their checkups.

Sunrise: 8:57am
Sunset: 9:24pm
Temperature: 8 feels like -11
Snow: No new snow. All is calm right now.

No comments: