So I massively failed at driving half of the ATV yesterday and managed to throw Ramsey (one of my fellow teachers) off of it. We were both half riding because there were so many boxes on it and he asked me to shift. Well this being the second time I had ever even looked at the controls of the machine I grabbed the wrong one throwing him off in front of locals. So so so so so embarrassing. I had to have another lesson. At first you could have almost compared me to a person who is unaware of the speed limit but not after too long my confidence grew and I was up in fourth gear speeding toward the dump. This felt pretty good because I was having a rough day and those suckers go fast!!! Going fast always makes me feel better. (Don't worry mom! :) )
The days are getting much much shorter here. When I first came sunrise was around 6am and sunset was around 11:30pm. Now sunrise is close to 9am and sunset is before 10pm. It won't be too long before sunset is at 3pm.
I purchased half of my plane ticket home!! I will be leaving Scammon (Weather permitting, throw salt over my left shoulder, don't walk under a ladder, knock on wood) Friday December 16th at 2:14pm. Luckily we get out of school early that day and I don't have to report back until January 3rd. The feeling of knowing when I get to go home made me feeling excited. It is nice knowing that I will be going home in December it is even better knowing I will be leaving to see my family and friends on December 16th at 2:14pm.
I can't wait to see you all!!!
1 comment:
Hey Mon....I think I will send your bike helmet....hmmm maybe I will go invest in a motorcycle helmet. I will send a box!!!!
Mom
Post a Comment