Saturday, September 10, 2011

Note to Self


Although it sounds like an amazing idea to eat and drink everything you have dreamed about since you left roads systems......it's not.....it is so super duper not. Last night we went to Glacier Brewery, which is one of my favorite places in Anchorage, and we shared an appetizer, personal pizza, a beer and some amazing bread pudding for dessert. It all tasted amazing....however when I woke up this morning I was still in a food coma. I am used to eating such small portions in the bush that having such a large amount of food made my stomach really hurt!!! I have been super missing subway. They have a subway in Bethel and someone was eating it in the Bethel Airport. The smell was just amazing. I was soon trying to figure out where this heavenly smell was coming from. Unfortunately it was way to far away but it soon became my mission to have it in Anchorage. Now after that meal last night I couldn’t imagine eating anything bigger then a small dinner salad…..with shrimpJ  

Realization…….my dog is a DIVA! She is such a little brat! Village dogs live outside and never have dog food or bones. They get rocks thrown at them and live the rough outdoor life. Now my dog is food picky, sleeps on a bed made of Egyptian cotton, chews her bones and has selective hearing. She insists I throw the rocks for her and when I leave for a few short days sulks around the house throwing fits. She gives you the face of sadness that you know you will give into. What a spoiled puppy!!! Now even with all of this said I wouldn’t have it any other way. She is such a breath of fresh air every time I come in the door. How can you keep that rough feeling, that we all sometimes get, when someone is just so super excited that you are home and wants to give you lots of loves? Now I don’t know how excited she will be to see me once negative weather comes! However I do know she enjoys the heated side of the bed! 

I had bread pudding and Chelsey had white truffle cheesecake. 



It's amazing how your friends change out here :) 

No comments: