Currently I am in Hooper Bay for Inservice. This means that I stay in the school, and sleep in a classroom on an air mattress. Now here are my two complaints. One air mattresses are not that comfortable and two mummy bags are too small. I like to sprawl out when I sleep. Bags that are for 0 degrees do not let people do this.
BEST THING EVER!!! So one of the most amazing things about being in Hooper is that they have like a real grocery store!! Like one with fresh produce and ice cream! REAL MILK!! I am going shopping tonight for some fresh good stuff. I am going to get ingredients for my famously perfected apple crisp, dog food, EGGS!! and turkey bacon. My little treat is going to be real ice cream. Like the realllllll stuff! :) I learned last time I was in Anchorage that all good things HAVE to come in small quantities or I get a stomach ache! So just the little guy of ice cream.
Hooper Bay is very different from Scammon Bay. Scammon Bay residents tend to live much closer together where as Hooper Bay residence have land around their houses. In Hooper there is a docking area were shipping boats come into. They have a Health Clinic with a real Doctor! Cement roads! A beach! The most interesting thing they have is the giant windmills that generate electricity. Feels a wee bit like home.
The most interesting feeling I have encountered is a little discomfort. I have cocooned around myself for security everything I need. In Scammon Bay I have all of the food I will need, all of the clothing necessary to keep me warm, my house and my family, Rylie, to keep safe. Being without these things that I know will bring me security and safety makes me a little uncomfortable. Yes I admit it I miss Scammon Bay.
Shout out to University of Oregon! My district is using your website to teach about reading skills!!
1 comment:
Did you make your famous apple crisp yet? That's sounding really good with this fall weather and the baking kick I'm on! I'm still waiting for the recipe...along with the yummy salad rolls/peanut sauce too. :)
Post a Comment