So this past weekend one of my fellow teacher got a MOOSE!!! So almost all day Monday and a little bit of yesterday I was working on getting the meat off the bones. This was something I never thought I would do. I was a knife wielding steak maker! We made steaks, roasts, cubed meat and will someday soon make ground moose. Overall there was over 200 lbs of meat. It was exhausting and everywhere! I went to bed Monday night and the moose smell haunted me! Even after I gave my hands a good bath I still smelled like moose! Ryry liked it though she kept licking my hands. This could be because she has been on a diet of pancakes, bones, rice and granola bars. Very, VERY anxious for her to get her dog food.
I really want to go moose hunting now however I can't until winter because it is the men's job to get the moose and the women's job to get berries. But I can go in the winter when I can ride on the back of a snowmobile.
We have now received about 16 boxes of food but are still waiting on more.
Here are some pictures of the great moose debacle.
 |
| The Hunter |
No comments:
Post a Comment