Thursday, December 13, 2012

Safety

Because Chels and I have VERY random conversations up here and because of the recent shooting in Oregon we were contemplating how much safer it is to live here then where we came from. Our thought process started with well we couldn't get killed in a car accident because the one and only car in the village only works for four or five months of the year and never goes over 20mph because of all the pot holes in the road. This also gets rid of jay walking accidents, hit and runs, drunk drivers and accidental backing over.  Acts of senseless killing in populated areas would never happen here because we have no extremely populated areas. We also avoid plumiting elevators because the only elevator in the village rarely works and no one wants to get in it since it might be hours before they get out. Since we are sustenance livers here we handle guns much more often then some down states so we don't get to avoid accidentally gun shootings. Those happen occasionally here.  And we fly in little planes in questionable weather which do result in plane crashes which sometimes people get hurt or killed in. Overall I feel very safe in Scammon Bay.

On a happy note I will be home a week from today!! Matter of fact right this very second next week I will be hanging out with Courtney!!! So excited to see everyone!!!!!

Sunrise: 11:16
Sunset: 4:37
Temperature: 0 feels like -20

No comments: