I know I mark everyday when the sun rises and when it sets but I feel like the difference is never fully realized so I thought I would paint the picture for you. When I leave on December 19th the sun will rise at 11:23am and set at 4:36pm giving us only 5 hours and 13 minutes of daytime. You also must realize that we live on the North side of a mountain and since the sun is so far South we never see the sun by this point in the year. We see the long shadow the mountain casts out on the tundra. Needless to say we take vitamin D supplements to keep out bodies healthy. Now when I leave May 18th the sun will rise at 6:02am and set at 11:55pm giving us 17 hours and 53 minutes of daytime. At this point I will need to put up my darkening shades. If I don't my body will never think its bed time!! It is so easy to stay awake almost the whole night! Since 11pm looks like 2 in the afternoon!! It is amazing to see how the time changes!
And oddly enough I miss the rain. We haven't seen the rain in over a month. I hope I get some while I am home.
Sunrise: 11:01
Sunset: 4:44
Temperature: 0 feels like -14
No comments:
Post a Comment