We are currently at the point of the year where we don't see the sun anymore. It may be bright but the sun never rises above the mountains. We see the mountains long shadow out on the tundra. Because we never see the sun it is important that we take vitamin D. Well Rylie being the mischief dog she is decided to get into my bottle of liquid vitamin D and spill/ingest (not sure which one it is) the whole thing. This was in the beginning of November. I thought it wouldn't be so bad without it and I could just pick up a new bottle when I come home in December. Let me tell you! Awful idea! Here is a little information about it. "Vitamin D is very commonly known as the 'sunshine vitamin'. The
reason for this is that vitamin D is produced in the body as a result of
direct exposure to sunlight. The main purpose of vitamin D in the body
is to make use of the calcium available in the diet to strengthen the
bones and teeth. If a person is displaying some related issues, it
generally implies a lack of sunlight. The problems are seen in many
people across the world and people showing it usually have weak bones,
and this leads to soft bones and skeletal deformities." While I am not feeling like I am going to die I can definitely feel many differences taking hold. My muscles have been out of wack, and it is very hard to stay happy right now. And I realize this is because I get to be home in a week but man! I am hoping that vitamin D is making this seem worse then it actually is and hopefully everything will get better when I get back on it.
Well this weekend we are heading into another pretty huge storm. Supposed to drop 12 inches! And you can tell by the temperature below that we are getting down to the negatives which bites so hard. There is definitely a difference between 3 and -3.
Next week this time I will be home!! And it will be my birthday!!!!!!!:)
Sunrise: 11:18
Sunset: 4:36
Temperature: -8 feels like -34
No comments:
Post a Comment