Mom left on the evening flight Friday and had a perfect zip all the way home. She even got to see the Northern Lights from her plane.
Before she left that day we took a walk down to the frozen Kun River and enjoyed walking on water. While walking we ran into some friends that were ice fishing so we helped them out as much as we could. Mom and I each caught one keeper. We caught many others however they have something called fish cancer which means they are black around the mouth. So we had to throw those back.
On Saturday we had the Cultural Fair which is always one of my favorite events because you can always get beautiful cultural pieces. Last year I got Michelle the small ivory polar bear and this year I was on the hunt for Dance Fans. I have already begun my collection with an ulu, wood bowl and eskimo yoyos. When I first got there there were none to be found and another teacher had got the pair that was being brought up. I expressed that I was interested and that if another pair was found to let me know. I went home then with nothing in hand. Later a few teachers needed some help so I went back and lo and behold he found another pair and was waiting for me to come back! They are beautiful and made of wolf fur. Love them!! Chels and I hung them in our house.
Then it was off to Sick land where I resided for a few days.
Sunrise: 10:47
Sunset: 4:54
Temperature: 24 feels like 17
No comments:
Post a Comment