This is my last day in Alaska. I will leave out of Scammon Bay this afternoon and the weather is still perfect for flying..but still very cold. I will either go on a snow machine ride today or walk down to the village.
Thanksgiving was very nice. We shared dinner with other teachers over at the school. We ate good even though we are out in the middle of the no where.
We did do Black Friday shopping...Alaska style....via the internet. No lines for us. Just picking out what you want. May do that in the lower 48 next year. It is an easier way to do the shopping without the stampede of people. Our only problem was the internet connection. We ended up with the best connection in Chelsey's bedroom. I will never forget that shopping trip.
Well happiest of holidays to all!! The next blog will be Monica back at it with a count down to when she is back in Oregon. We look forward to her arrival in Portland!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment