Thursday, November 29, 2012

Nails!

Rarely do I put on makeup out here. Matter of fact my whole makeup bag is still down in Portland. Occasionally I will wear mascara but that's about it. And when I do the students always touch their eyelashes and ask whats that black stuff on your eyes. This year a few students even started to wear mascara themselves. It is very cute. Makeup in our village is not in anyway a common thing. This year I have had the privilege to see more villages and meet people from other villages and have come to the realization that it depends on where you are from. All the girls that I chaperoned wore makeup as well as many of the other students we met while we were in Anchorage. One of my students from last year keeps wanting to me do her nails all the time. So last night we sat in the commons and I painted her nails matte pink and sparkle blue. This event turned from me doing one persons nails into doing six peoples nails. I can only wait for prom season!

The moon is full (as I am sure you can see) and it is so beautiful bouncing off the snow. Makes it light up into this light blue color. Very beautiful. Yesterday morning because the sun isn't rising until almost 11!!!! (yikes!!) We sat in my classroom and turned off all the lights and saw just how big the moon is. One of those things you see everyday but find amazing every time you take the time to look at it.

Sunrise: 10:49
Sunset: 4:52
Temperature: 18 feels like 2

No comments: