It is really beginning to stay dark until pretty late in the day. For instance I have been teaching for just over an hour now and it is still pitch black out. I can see that the airstrip’s lights are on and it reminds me of Christmas lights. It is really beautiful. The downside to it still being so dark out is that I feel either that I got up WAY too early this morning and should still be in bed or that I never went to sleep last night. Now on the weekends I can’t complain. I can trick my body into thinking that it is still night outside so I can sleep in until late morning.
I have not seen the sun for quite some time now. The mountain creates a long shadow. On Thanksgiving I saw the sun’s rays coming out from between the two mountains but it isn’t the same.
I am becoming super anxious about coming home. I feel like I stare at the calendar more. My addiction to online shopping has been put on hold since I will be able to shop in person so soon!!
I am very ready for a lazy weekend. It is my last one before I leave. We plan on downloading a few movies and not doing a gosh darn thing! Next weekend we have our first Saturday tutor session and plan on making Christmas ornaments and cookies.
One of my fellow teachers is having steak and Alaskan king crab legs for Christmas. I am jealous!
Countdown: 15
Sunrise: 10:55am
Sunset: 4:48pm
Temperature: 16 feels like 2
Amount of Snow: 1 new inch
No comments:
Post a Comment