Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Tickets and Snow


The storm we currently have in has managed to dump a lot of snow. When I went to let Rylie out this morning the snow at our back door was all the way up to the handle. Luckily Rylie has this amazing springer ability so she just bounded right over it. It makes walking to snow really difficult when the snow (and rain since for some reason it has warmed up to almost 40) is pelting your face. I am very grateful for goggles. 

Last night I called the airline to figure out when everything I could about getting put in standby for an earlier flight if everything goes according to plan when I come home (PLEASE OH PLEASE DEAR GOD SAY IT DOES!!)  and I found out my most important lesson on buying tickets home for Christmas since it can be so sensitive. BUY A CHANGEABLE TICKET!!! Then you can change it as many times as you want without having any extra costs. For instance I changed my flight to an earlier one last night (and it was lucky that I did since I got the last seat) and didn't have to pay a thing so if everything goes according to plan I will be home earlier. But if I get snowed in then I just have to call and change it without additional costs. Changeable tickets are where it is at! Either way even though it is just a few hours earlier it made me double as excited as I already am. So soon yet so far!!!

As if we don't have a lot of snow up here already, my class and I made snowflakes yesterday to decorate our window. 

Countdown: 10
Sunrise: 11:05am
Sunset: 4:42pm
Temperature: 39 feels like 23
Amount of Snow: Snow drifts of up to over 7 feet and about of foot of packed snow. 

No comments: