Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Winding Down

Exciting news! The rehire list is coming out for next year very soon! So far through the grape vine I hear that I will be welcomed back next year. Which I am pretty excited about!! I am still waiting for an official confirmation though. But still YEA!!!


Still no new snow. We are all wanting some snow to come our way. It ground is getting pretty hard and when you fall it makes it more likely your knees become black and blue. I have already had this happen a few times. It is really painful! The new snow makes for better footing. Plus it is really pretty and a lot more fun then nothing. Definitely going to be investing in YakTraks!


This weekend is the first weekend we don't have any basketball events. It will be very quiet. However the following weekends will be packed with City League Games and a High school event. Also the weekend of the 10th everyone is heading to Chevak for a huge tournament there much similar to our Kick Off Klassic. 


I am officially all healed! I took my last antibiotic today and am feeling alive again. Although my body begged to differ since I tried working out yesterday. Got to slowly work back into that now. 


One thing we are all realizing about our Christmas breaks and here is the pace of life. Here it is a slow easy going pace where we have to get somewhere but it is never a huge rush. You don't have to be doing something all of the time, rushed, rushed rushed! It is quite relaxing and nice. Whereas over Christmas break (even though I was trying to pack it as full as I could) I was constantly on the go. Trying to meet with someone or get something or shop for Christmas. I was just as tired when I got back as when I left. It finally feels like I am getting back into a relaxed pace of life. Like a half vacation/half work. I think thats a good way to describe it. The relax of the vacation and the work of my job. Which I am still enjoying very much:)

We were noticing on our Summations that we are on the back half of the hills of the school year. Just under 90 days left. Chelsey and I are talking about taking a few days in Anchorage on our way home to see the Alaska that everyone else gets to normally see like Denali or some more of the Glaciers. It will also give me a chance to get Rylie checked out for our flight back home. I also found out I have some family in Anchorage that I would like to meet and spend some time with. 



Sunrise: 10:32am
Sunset: 5:59pm
Temperature: -5 feels like -32
Snow: No new snow.

No comments: