Over this past weekend we had this super weird heat wave that melted quite a bit of snow. It was nice being about to go out in 20ish 30ish degrees in a sweatshirt again. However this is my least favorite time because of course the temperatures plumeted again right after and although it looks like nice fluffy snow right underneath is solid ice. If you mistep you quickly find yourself staring into the sky. It is so super painful falling on ice. So many bruised knees and hips. Then after people have walked on the same area for awhile then you might as well learn how to skate to get in the door because it is so slick even the carefullest walking could resort in being seated. I call it Ninja Ice because you never see it and then it attacks and leaves painful bruises.
Yesterday I was trying to teach my kids about double dipping since we had carrots and ranch for snack. I asked if anyone has every her of it before. One of my students pipes up real loud "Is it like when you dip with two pieces?" The aid in my class and myself just died laughing.
So today I turned off my alarm in my sleep (my sleep schedule is completely wacked out) and when I woke up with two minutes to get to work I was running around in a half daze getting ready. As I was running out the door our neighbors started explaining how I might need to go to Chevak today because she isn't feeling well. I heard noise but apparently I don't comprehend what people are saying five minutes after I get up or maybe it isn't until I have had my coffee. So I asked her to repeat it in like 10 minutes when I am functioning. She laughed and came and explained it a little later. Less today coffee is a must and wake up time is a must. I hope I get to go I have never taken that trip before.
UPDATE: No Chevak today.
Sunrise: 11:04
Sunset: 5:20
temperature: -5 feels like -22
No comments:
Post a Comment