Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Eaten Alive

 Finally we are having some beautiful weather with no wind! And there are two downsides to this. One being that I can't go and fly my kite. The other being the amount of mosquitoes that come out. They are nasty suckers. And big like flies. Ew super gross and painful when they attach. Interesting fact I learned. If you stick a naked man out on the tundra mosquitoes would drain him in ten minutes.
 We head to Hooper Bay at the end of the month and I am excited to head to the beach again this time in my water boots so I can wade out in it. I also hope to see some items of the tsunami. That would be interesting as well as other forms of sea life again. I wish we had a beach. Our beach is just rocks. One of the fish camps is closer to Hooper. I don't know where any others are. 
Many students in the upper classes have been heading out for moose. The other day the guys brought back three. And many of the younger boys have been working to get their first. Very exciting!!!
Sunrise: 8:18am
Sunset: 9:40pm
Temperature:  48 feels like 50 

 

No comments: