It is the first day and I am very excited for the year! I have 13 great kids in my class. My classroom is almost entirely put together. It will be all done by this weekend.
I went and flew my kite for the first time yesterday. It is a huge 11.5 feet long. Although when I get my actual riding kite it is much bigger. It was a lot of fun. A arm and shoulder workout for sure! A couple kids came up with me and helped me figure it out and then once we had it flying a bunch of kids came up the hill to figure out what was going on. This morning as I was walking to school a few adults wanted to know if that was me and if I would sell it when I was done. And another asked me if I was flying a tarp. If it is nice I plan on going flying again today. I'll try to get some photos! I know the idea of a kite is not altogether new to them because there was a Flying Wild Alaska episode where I guy came out and snowkited to Chevak from Scammon Bay as a possible industry. They were seeing how well it would work.
It has basically rained since I got here. Last night was the first time where there was no rain and I was able to fly. But I basically describe this lovely weather as a rain blizzard with the heavy wind and ever downpouring rain.
Sunrise: 7:29am
Sunset: 10:41pm
Temperature: 51 feels like 44
No comments:
Post a Comment