Yet Another Parka! This is my get down to business one!
I LEAVE IN EXACTLY ONE WEEK........
These past two weekends I have been packing and finally sent off three 18 gallon rubbermaids. It took us a day and a half just to get those three done! We had to list everything we put in just in case one got lost. We thought we are pretty brilliant; we got the space saver bags and sucked all of the fabric stuff into two of the three rubbermaids. In one rubbermaid we had my comforter, sheets, bed blanket, fleece blanket, two oversized towels, and two bath mats. The amount of stuff would be like double the box then it would suck down so far. Sucker bags are the way to travel!! Mom is appreciating getting her living room back. I am pretty sure I had taken over half of it! SORRY MOM!!:) We will send out two more boxes this weekend and then I should be all done!!
I heard this week that the principal (who is from Oklahoma) will be heading up to Scammon Bay on Friday and soon after I should be finally hearing what grade I will be teaching. So far I have just been trying to plan for an exciting looking classroom with some UO pride. (DUCK FOOTBALL IS COMING UP!! I am planning on spending game days in the school so I can watch it! Can't miss a game!)
This past weekend I moved out of my Eugene home and am currently experiencing the comforts of the air mattress. It is amazing how much stuff I can fit into one room. And unfortunately for Mom I have gone from taking over her living room to taking over her garage:)
I am currently in my last week of grad school. And today is my last full day. What a weird feeling. I have officially been in school for 18 years (WAAAAYY TO LONG) and the light is within grasp. I can't believe it.
Now it's time to be a grown up!! Yea for having a job!
Over this upcoming weekend I will be completing the rest of my todo list! Getting my hair died back to my original color (don't even remember what that is anymore), packing more and getting the rest shipped. My parents are having a Graduation/Going away Party for me on Sunday and then that will leave me two days till I am gone. I still can't believe that it is happening. Still doesn't seem real.
Mom, Aunt Bev and I will be flying out on Wednesday!

No comments:
Post a Comment